We are entering an exciting time at the City of Highland Village. We are very close to buildout with only 78 acres of undeveloped land and we need to make sure every decision is considered in terms of economic viability and enhanced quality of life for our residents. Cities use many different types of planning documents to help guide those decisions. It is time to update Highland Village’s planning documents. The City has partnered with McAdams Company to carry out this project. It is important as we go through this project that you are involved, understand the process, and provide us your input.
The community is invited to a come and go open house on Wednesday, February 23 from 10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Highland Village Municipal Complex to learn about the process and provide feedback.
The plans being updated and developed include:
- The Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan will include an assessment of existing parks, programs, operations, finance and level of service to identify gaps, create guiding principles and create on-going, short-term/long-term objectives based on local values.
- The Trail System Master Plan will include an analysis of existing trails, on-street bicycle network, ADA compliance, cross section and intersection design guidance and wayfinding to develop a ten-year action plan to meet community goals.
- The Village Connection: FM 407 Corridor Plan is a ten-year action plan designed to promote development or redevelopment, create a sense of place, implement multi-modal transportation options and connect to existing trails.
- The Opportunity Areas Plan will include an analysis of the remaining undeveloped land to identify goals for development options based on market conditions and the fiscal impact to the City, land use and zoning amendments and updates to the comprehensive land use plan to develop implementation strategies.
- The Thoroughfare Master Plan will include an analysis of traffic trends, a review of the City's ordinances and polices, traffic demand modeling and develop recommendations.