|Pilot Knoll Park Restroom Renovation
Staff is in the process of reviewing the plans submitted by BR Architects & Engineers, Inc. to renovate the overnight and day use area restrooms to meet ADA standards.
- All crews are in the process of trimming native grasses and shrubs in the landscaped bed areas on FM 2499.
- The Doubletree Ranch Park Crew trimmed native grasses and made pre-emergent fertilizer applications on the soccer fields and event lawn areas.
- The Unity Park Crew made pre-emergent fertilizer applications to athletic fields and other park turf areas.
- The South Crew made repairs to tennis nets and windscreens at the Tennis Center.
- The North Crew installed decomposed granite to the landscaped beds at the Fire Station. While there, they also trimmed shrubs and native grasses on site.
- The Pilot Knoll Park Crew installed security cameras to the equipment storage yard as a preventive measure for vandalism.
Interviews are underway for 2017 Kids Kamp Counselors. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Please apply by completing the application found at www.highlandvillage.org under Human Resources Employment Opportunities.
This was the first week of Session II of the Spring Tennis Program. There are morning, evening, and weekend classes offered for ages four and up.
Monday: Assorted Card Games - Dealer’s Choice, Spades in the Library
Tuesday: Assorted Card Games - Dealer’s Choice, Dominoes, 42
Thursday: Assorted Card Games - Dealer’s Choice, Bridge, Rummikub
A group of Senior All-Stars took a trip to Argyle to the Coffee Tree Café on Wednesday. Everyone enjoyed the local restaurant with their delectable creations and southern charm.
Rambling Oaks Courtyard provided a very informative Lunch & Learn about Diabetes on Thursday at The Robert & Lee DuVall Center. Their certified health professionals provided great insight regarding prevention, awareness, and management. Thank you Rambling Oaks!