All applicants for sworn positions must:
- Be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Be fingerprinted and undergo state, local and national criminal records check,
- Not be on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense.
- Not have been convicted of a Class B misdemeanor or above within the last five (5) years.
- Not have been convicted of any prior felonies.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be subjected to a thorough, comprehensive background investigation and interview.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent or have twelve (12) semester hours credit from an accredited college or university.
- Must pass state medical, mental, polygraph and drug testing requirements.
- Not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions.
- Have an insurable driving record according to the city’s insurance policy.
- Not have been convicted of more than five (5) moving violations within the past three (3) years.
- Have no prior DWI convictions.
- Not have left employment with this agency under less than honorable conditions.
- Must hold a Texas Peace Officer’s license through TCOLE prior to participation in any law enforcement duties.
- Be truthful in responses in their application and personal history statement. Any false statement made by the applicant shall be grounds for immediate rejection or termination if discovered after date of hire.
Applications and Personal History Statements are available for download.