Highland Village city ordinance regulates the use of motorized scooters within the city limits. Important regulations and restrictions include:
- Only Electric Scooters Allowed
- Minimum Age Requirement is 12 years old
- Must have a drivers license or complete scooter training and obtain a city permit.
- Operators 12-17 years old must wear helmet.
- May only be driven on HV roads with speed limits of 30 mph or less.
- Passengers are not permitted.
- Operation at night or inclement weather prohibited.
For more information regarding city ordinance click here
. Scooter training sessions are hosted by HVPD on request at no charge. For more information call 972-317-6551.