Campaign Forms for After Filing for Office
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report (Form C/OH) and Instruction Guide
These forms are to be filed with the City Secretary on dates specified on the form. There is a modified reporting statement for those candidates not planning to spend more than $500. Candidates are encouraged to pay close attention to their expense forms. Per Texas Law, these forms are considered public record.
- Correction Affidavit for Candidate/Officeholder (Form COR-C/OH)
- Amendment to Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate (Form ACTA) and Instruction Guide
- Designation of Final Report (Form C/OH-FR) and Instruction Guide
This form is to be filed at the end of the election or when you are no longer receiving or spending political contributions. The final report form is included at the end of Form C/OH and is designated as form C/OH-FR. Please refer to the Instruction Guide, which explains how to complete this form.
- Texas Ethics Commission - Title 15 of the Texas Election Code
This information pertains to the filing requirements of campaign expenditure reports. Title 15 also contains regulations on political advertising.
- Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders
- Political Advertising - What You Need to Know
- Affinity and Consanguinity Charts as they relate to Conflict of Interest.
The Texas Ethics Commission is responsible for administering and enforcing Title 15, Election Code, concerning political contributions and expenditures, and political advertising. You may direct questions about campaign finance law to the Texas Ethics Commission at (512) 463-5800. Information may also be accessed at the Texas Ethics Commission website.
In addition to requirements of Texas state law, the Highland Village City Charter (Section 8.02D) requires candidates to file a public disclosure statement with the City Secretary. This provision requires candidates to file a financial disclosure statement with the City Secretary twenty-one (21) days prior to the day of election. Please note, the deadline is extended if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday.