Yard waste will be collected every Monday. Yard waste is taken to a composting contractor as part of the contract with CWD.
- Yard waste should be placed at your curb in biodegradable brown kraft bags.
- You can place up to 20 bags at the curb for pickup.
- Yard waste is defined as lawn, grass, or shrubbery cuttings or clippings and dry leaf rakings, small tree branches (not to exceed 4-feet in length), bushes, shrubs, green leaf cuttings, fruits or other matter usually created by refuse in the care of lawns and yards.
- Exceptions are large branches, trees, bulky or non-combustible materials that are not manageable by a single worker on the back of the truck. To dispose of these items, please call CWD at 972-392-9300 to schedule pick up of larger branches or trees for an additional cost.
- Yard waste in non-biodegradable containers such as garbage bags will not be picked up as yard waste but rather left at your curb to be picked up on your regular solid waste collection day and will be considered bulk waste that will be hauled to the landfill for disposal.
Tied & Bundled Brush
- All trees, shrubs and brush trimmings not contained in kraft bags must be cut, tied with biodegradable cotton/jute rope, twine, or string, placed in bundles, and set out without obstructing the sidewalk.
- Do not bundle tree and brush trimmings with nylon rope, plastic, metal, garden hoses, or other non-compostable materials.
- Individual bundles should weigh no more than 50 lbs. and be no longer than 4-feet.