Constitutional Amendment Election - November 7, 2023
During Early Voting, registered voters may vote at any Denton County polling site, including the Highland Village Municipal Complex, located at 1000 Highland Village Road. Dates and times for Early Voting are as follows:
|Monday - Saturday||October 23 - 28, 2023||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||October 29, 2023||11:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Monday - Friday||October 30 - November 3, 2023||7:00 am - 7:00 pm|
On Tuesday, November 7, 2023, registered voters must vote at their assigned polling site. Highland Village residents, which includes Precincts 3152, 3153, 3154, and 3155, will vote at the Highland Village Municipal Complex during the hours of 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
For additional information, including additional early voting locations, notices and ballot lookup information, please visit the Denton County Elections website or call (940) 349-3200.
Acceptable Forms of ID for Voting in Person:
Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
United States Military Identification Card containing the person's photograph
United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person's photograph
United States Passport (book or card)
The Highland Village City Council is composed of a Mayor and six Council members. The Mayor and Council are elected at-large and represent the entire community. The next scheduled General Election for the City of Highland Village will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024, for the purpose of electing members of City Council to Places 1 (Mayor), 2, 4 and 6 to serve two-year terms.
The City Secretary's Office will accept applications from qualified persons interested in running for any of the above referenced places during the filing period designated by state law, as shown below. During the filing period, the City Secretary's Office will receive applications at the Highland Village Municipal Complex, located at 1000 Highland Village Road, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding City holidays.
|Filing Period for the May 4, 2024 General Election - Places 1 (Mayor), 2, 4 and 6|
First Day to File for Place on the Ballot
(108th day before Election)
January 17, 2024
Last Day to File for Place on the Ballot
(78th day before Election)
February 16, 2024
To be eligible to be a candidate, a person shall:
1. be a United States citizen;
2. be 18 years of age or older;
3. be a qualified and effectively registered voter of the City;
4. have not been determined by a final judgment of a court to be mentally incapacitated;
5. have not been convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
6. have resided within the corporate limits of the City for the twelve consecutive months prior to the date of election;
7. not file for more than one office or position number per election; and
8. satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law or be disqualified by reason of any provision of any other section of the City Charter.
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary’s Office:
Mailing Address: 1000 Highland Village Road, Highland Village, Texas 75077
Telephone Number: (972) 899-5132