Barking Dog Complaint Procedures
Barking Dog Complaint - If the Problem is Persistent
- Contact your neighbor and attempt to resolve!
- Call the non-emergency number at (469) 444-0915.
- Animal Care Officer will respond if the call is placed between Monday through Friday from 8am until 5pm.
- An officer will respond if the call is placed after hours or on weekends.
What Happens After I Call?
- Animal Care Officer or Police Officer will respond and:
- Contact the complainant.
- Contact the offending owner.
- Attempt to resolve the problem.
- The Animal Care Officer or Police Officer may issue a Warning Citation if there is a history of complaint. If the owner is not present, a "Letter of Complaint" will be mailed to the offending owner.
- The Animal Care Officer or Police Officer may issue a "Class C" Citation for the violation.
- The complainant may file a "Barking Dog Incident Report" with the Municipal Court which will be resolved by a Judge or Jury. (Note: All involved parties will be subpoenaed and required to testify in the resulting court procedures). Barking Dog Incident Report and Barking Dog Log forms are available online and will be provided by police officers on scene or picked up at the Police Department.
Note: This is a Class C ordinance violation and must be observed in order for the Animal Care Officer or Police Officer to take enforcement action!
For more information, please contact Animal Care Services at (469) 444-0915.