Trap permits are required for all humane live traps whether privately owned or borrowed from Animal Services.
- Trap Permits are valid for ninety (90) days.
- Trap Permit Fees
- Borrowed City Traps, $100 and includes trap services.
- Privately Owned Traps, No permit fee but $50 per service, max $100 within 90 days.
- Trap must have permit label affixed.
- Trapping is not allow on weekends or holidays.
- Traps cannot be set when temperatures are below 35 or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Permit holder is required to check trap daily and report any captured animal.
- Skunks - In accordance with city ordinance, the use of a city-owned humane trap to trap skunks is prohibited. Any person who catches a skunk with a privately owned humane trap must release the skunk or contact a private company to have the skunk removed within twenty-four (24) hours.
- Feral Cats - Will be processed in accordance with the Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR) city ordinance and released back into the community.
For more information contact Animal Services, Monday-Friday, 8a-5p, at 469-444-0915 or firstname.lastname@example.org.