Facility and Event Updates
On March 2, 2021 Governor Abbott announced an end to the statewide mask mandate and expanded capacity of all Texas businesses to 100%, effective March 10. The executive order (GA-34) provides the ability for the City to require employees and the public follow additional safety measures. The City of Highland Village, in an effort to provide a safe environment for our employees and the public, will follow Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and continue to require the wearing of face coverings in all City buildings.
Highland Village employees will wear face coverings when interacting with the public and within their work environment when not able to maintain six feet social distancing.
The opening of City rental facilities and programming will be in a tiered approach.
- Outdoor pavilion rental will resume at 100% capacity on March 10. The City will include CDC guidelines in all rental facility agreements and encourages the public to adhere to the guidelines.
- Senior All-Star programming will resume at 100% capacity on March 15 and participants will be required to wear a face covering.
- Special event applications received by the City will no longer require approval by the Mayor, effective March 10. All applicants will be provided the CDC guidelines and encouraged to adhere to the guidelines.
The opening of indoor facility rentals will be evaluated on May 1 based on available case data after spring break and the Easter holiday. The City of Highland Village will resume special events that offer the ability to social distance at outdoor venues:
- Easter Drive-Thru event will take place on March 27 for Highland Village residents only. This event replaces the Easter Egg Hunt.
- Paper Shredding Day at Pilot Knoll Park will take place on April 24 and is for Highland Village residents only.
- The Highland Village Art Festival will take place at The Shops at Highland Village on May 1.
- Movies in the Park are scheduled for May 14 and May 21.
Facilities Now Open:
K-9 Kastle Dog Park
Playgrounds and Restrooms
Senior All-Star Programming at The Robert & Lee DuVall Center (masks required)
City Hall, Animal Services, Municipal Court, Police Department, The Robert & Lee DuVall Center (no facility rentals)
Updated March 11, 2021