Many areas of Highland Village were impacted by the heavy hail storm that moved through Denton County on Sunday, March 26. If your roof was damaged and in need of repairs or replacement, here are the guidelines to help you through the process.
All roof replacements require a permit (check "other" on application)
- Permit is $100.00
- Permit MUST be posted on the property visible from the street prior to performing roof replacement
- Homeowners are responsible to ensure the contractor hired has secured a roofing permit prior to allowing the contractor to perform the work on their property.
- An inspection is REQUIRED upon completion of roof replacement
- Access to the attic is required for the inspection.
All roof contractors are required to be registered with the City of Highland Village. Please confirm with your roofer or general contractor that they are registered with the City or you can contact to the City to verify.
- Contractor Registration form must be filled out and completed
- Copy of the Company’s Owner drivers license
- $150.00 Registration fee
- Permits shall be submitted at City Hall Permits and Inspections department located at 1000 Highland Village Road
If you live in a HOA please verify with the HOA regarding their requirements.
Your roofing or fence contractor is required to haul off the trash and materials from the roof or fence replacement. If your contractor does not remove the debris, you will be charged an additional fee by Waste Management.
The City has a solicitors ordinance requiring businesses to obtain a permit before going door to door to sell a service or product. If a business comes to your door ask them to show you their solicitors permit. If they do not have one, inform them the City requires they have a permit. You can also contact the police at the non-emergency number, 972-317-6551, and provide them the description of the solicitor and their vehicle.